Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Testing the Swan SpyCam

For a while now, I've been concerned with the safety of my home. I live in an area with crime problems, and I do own a fair amount of expensive electronics. I'm always a little anxious to leave the house other than for work, and leaving it for a week or two is seriously painful. Some might say I'm overly paranoid, but I've contemplated the idea of installing video surveillance for quite some time. Though it has always seemed as if it was too big a project for me, so I've just procrastinated investigating it thoroughly.

But then, along came the Swann SpyCam!



It's tiny - you'll need a 4 mm hole and you're good to go - and the image quality is surprisingly good, even in badly lit rooms. Though the noise increases dramatically when the lighting gets dim, it's still perfectly acceptable and could be really helpful for a police investigation! (Okay, yeah. I might be a little paranoid)

I got mine last week, and it took me less than 30 minutes to get it up and running with good results.

I feel a lot safer now! If you're thinking about installing video surveillance in your home, or your business, then at ~$60, the tiny and easily hide-able SpyCam delivers every cent's worth and more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment