Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Testing Online Poker Odds Calculators

Hi guys

I'm a recreational poker player, just like many of my fellow Americans. And we all know, that when going through hand histories from playing online, you oftentimes have the need to calculate odds to make sure you made the correct choice. Sometimes, it's just too hard to calculate them all in your head.

Therefore, I thought I'd dedicate this Testscapade to poker odds calculators.

I haven't gotten into real-time calculator software, but merely the free odds calculators that you can use online on several poker websites for free.

I did a quick search in Google, and tried out a good number of those I found. E.g. I tried the one offered at Cardplayer, the one at Cardschat, the one at PokerListings, the one at Two Dimes and the one on PokerCalculatorOnline.com.

I found, to my surprise, that only one really offered everything I needed, and that's the one located at PokerListings.

Very few of the other calculators offer odds calculation for ALL poker games, alongside the nice graphical interface. Most are graphically nice, but they only ever offer Texas Holdem (and in some cases Omaha).

The only other calculator I found that could calculate odds for all games did in fact not utilize the easy graphical user interface of most.

Therefore, it's an easy choice. PokerListings won this battle with ease!

No comments:

Post a Comment